1. When do I call 911?

Call 911 for emergencies – situations where immediate police, fire or ambulance assistance is needed.
For any situation where an officer is needed, even for non-emergency situations, call 911.

2. What if I am involved in a traffic crash?

If you are involved in a minor crash where there are no visible signs of injury to persons involved and the vehicles are drivable, move your vehicle out of the traveled portion of the roadway. Cars left in the road contribute to traffic congestion which can cause other crashes. Call 911 and exchange driver information. DO NOT leave the scene until you have spoken to the police officer.

3. I was involved in a traffic crash. How can I get a copy of the report?

After a traffic crash, attorneys and insurance companies may require a copy of the accident report. To obtain a copy of the report, click on:  THE NC DIVISION OF MOTOR VEHICLES. Look under the Crash Report Section and complete Form “TR-67A”. For fee information contact the Crash Reporting and Processing Unit at 919.861.3098. Rolesville Police Department will give those involved in a car accident a copy of the Drivers Exchange form.

4. Who do I call about an animal complaint?

Wake County Animal Control handles any complaint regarding stray or rabid animals. You may contact them at 919.212.7387. The Police Department is not equipped or trained to handle animals, but we will respond in an emergency. Excessive barking or unleashed dogs at large may be a violation of a town ordinance. Contact us so that an officer may respond and investigate – Dial 911.  For further information on the Wake County Animal Ordinance, go here: Wake County Animal Control Ordinances

5. I need to get fingerprinted for employment or background purposes. Where can this be done?

The City-County Bureau of Identification (CCBI) can assist you. They are located at 3301 Hammond Rd., Raleigh, and provide this service daily. Their fingerprinting hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30-4:30 p.m. For more information, contact CCBI at 919.856.6300. CCBI

6. Occasionally, I see things that are suspicious or unusual. I don’t know if I should call the Police or what would happen if I did. Can you tell me about the procedure?

At any given time there are Officers on the street, available to respond to calls for service. The Police Department counts on the citizens of Rolesville to alert us to unusual situations. Any time someone calls, a dispatcher will take the information, ask questions, decide what/whom to send, and assess the urgency of the call. Each call for service will be handled, though obviously the higher priority calls may be taken first. To have an officer respond, call 911.

7. What do I do if a police officer turns on his lights and siren to stop me?

You should immediately pull to the right edge of the roadway and place your vehicle in park. Always remain inside your vehicle unless instructed to exit your vehicle. It is very important that you place your hands in plain view of the officer; this is to ensure the safety of our officers and the citizens that we have contacted. This is a very stressful incident for both the citizen and the officer and we will do everything possible to get you back on your way.

8. I received a Citation. Can I reschedule the court appearance date?

Uniform Citations are issued by officers and the original goes to the Wake County Clerk of Court for scheduling. Any request for changes must be made through the Wake County Clerk of Court, telephone 919.755.4110
Click here for the Clerk of Court web page. More…

9. My home/business has a security system. Do I need to register with the police and are there any fees?

You do not have to register your system with the Rolesville Police Department.